LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
- St. Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Addiction Medicine Clinic
- Part-time, Night
- 10pm-6:30am + every other weekend
- Req #: 201901665-43175
- Posted: September 13, 2019
*This position also includes working every other weekend and rotating holidays.
Assists in the mental health and/or chemical dependency care of patients ranging in age from 1-year-old, to old adult (depending on assigned site) to ensure optimum health care and clinic/program efficiency. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers. Patients of all ages served.
Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing required.
Previous demonstrated nursing experience required. Knowledge of nursing principles, policies, and procedures.
Psychiatric – Mental Health and/or Chemical Dependency nursing experience preferred.
Current State of Minnesota license in Practical Nursing required
Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
NCI Initial and On-going Training required (provided).
Due to licensure requirements pertaining to children's residential facilities, staff who supervise residents at Recovery Plus Adolescent or Clara's House must be at least 21 years old.
For any persons who will be employed in a Recovery Plus service, and who have direct client contact must have been free of chemical use problems for at least the two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact. Chemical use problems includes the following:
1. Receiving treatment for chemical use within the period specified for the position in the staff qualification requirements.
2. Chemical use that has a negative impact on the employees job performance.
3. Chemical use that affects the credibility of the treatment services with clients, referral sources or other members of the community.
4. Symptoms of intoxication or withdrawal on the job.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.