UTILIZATION REVIEW RN
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Utilization Review
- Part-time, Day
- 48 hrs/pp, 7am-3:30pm or 8am-4:30pm, approximately e/10th wknd, 2 holidays a year
- Minimum $34.00/hr
- Registered Nurses
- Career Band: N2 Nursing 2
- Req #: 201904555-46791
- Posted: September 5, 2019
As an integral part of the St Cloud Hospital Care Management team, the Utilization Review RN collaborates with other Care Management staff, physician/providers, physician advisors, and leadership to determine the most appropriate level of care for each hospital patient admission. Coordinates with the billing department, claims analysts, hospital insurance representatives, and Revenue Cycle department to ensure accurate claims are submitted for reimbursement. Responsible to conduct key components of the St Cloud Hospital Care Management and Utilization Review (UR) plans which includes activities to monitor for appropriate utilization of acute care services, identify and report quality indicators, required activities of utilization review, payer certification processes, and to identify performance improvement opportunities. Follows the guidelines of the Utilization Review Plan to assure cost-effective care and fulfills the requirement of the Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation (CoP) Utilization Review.
- BSN or higher degree in nursing required
- Current Minnesota RN license required
- Minimum of two years of relevant clinical experience or other related experience in any of the following functions: utilization review, performance improvement, quality assurance, risk management or case management related experience is required.
- Acute care clinical experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills are necessary.
- Strong analytical, data management, and PC skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payors, and patients and their families.
- Must possess a working knowledge of medical/legal issues in health care with special emphasis on documentation issues.
- Current working knowledge of discharge planning, utilization management, case management, performance improvement and managed care reimbursement preferred.
- Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and post-acute community resources preferred.
- Computer knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and background with Joint Commission and CMS CoP is highly beneficial.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.