This job posting is no longer active.
- Paynesville, MN
- CentraCare - Paynesville
- Casual/on-call, Various
- varies with call schedule
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 201904911-47115
- Posted: January 2, 2020
The EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) will operate within their certification and/or license from the state of Minnesota and the National Registry of EMT's. The EMT will also following standing orders and standard operating procedures established by the medical director(s). Routines of the ambulance department are established by the ambulance director. These will be also followed by each member of the ambulance squad. These routines are spelled out in the standing orders and the SOP's. EMT's are employees of the CentraCare Health - Paynesville and are expected to follow all hospital policies. The EMT will strive to provide the highest quality of care possible for every patient. This will be accomplished through personal and team efforts. Training, education and quality assurance are the responsibilities of both the department and the EMT as an individual.
Additional duties as assigned for hospital coverage:
Responsible for assisting nursing staff in the treatment and care of patients (of all ages) in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations. Assists in the treatment and care of patients of all ages in accordance with standards and philosophy to provide quality patient care. Implements and abides by Customer Service Standards. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Minnesota State Certification as an EMT.
- Demonstrated planning and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Self-direction and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills as an EMT as observed by the ambulance director and/or medical director(s).
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity by anticipating problems, seeking solutions, follows through on suggestions or problems, and is able to accept and work with change.
- Maintains confidentiality by self and fellow staff members in regarding to facility and patient matters.
- Utilizes effective decision making skills by making decisions that reflect a strong commitment to high moral and ethical standards. This commitment will focus on the needs we serve and the needs of CentraCare Health - Paynesville.
- Communicate effectively by keeping supervisor informed and maintaining and encouraging open communication with all staff.
- Successful performance of essential functions can be best achieved through consistent application of current knowledge, use of good judgment, common sense, ability to establish and carry out priorities, effective use of interpersonal skills and ongoing communication with staff, physicians, ancillary personnel, administration, and surveyors.
- Examples of stress associated with this position include constant interruption in daily routines, training deadlines and maintaining competency of these skills. Other stresses are the loss of time with family and the association in traumatic or medical emergencies.
- Essential functions are carried out in a variety of positions, most often sitting and standing. This position requires the ability to move freely through the building. Other physical demands may be required as described in the Essential Physical Demands of this position.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.