Inpatient Coding - Clinical Data Reimbursement
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- CCH Coding
- Full-time, Day
- 8am to 4:30 PM - Monday - Friday
- Professional/ Technical - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: T4 Technical 4
- Req #: 201904967-47168
- Posted: September 30, 2019
Now Hiring a Work-from-Home Clinical Data Reimbursement Technician
Works directly with leadership to improve the financial resources by performing DRG documentation quality reviews, analyzing and validating the accuracy of coded information and DRG assignment to ensure compliance and proper facility reimbursement.
- Responsible for reviewing codes, providing feedback and collaborating with coders to address discrepancies with coding and DRG assignment and assists in the development of tools to support and improve performance.
- Serves as knowledge expert and resource on current regulations related to coding and DRG assignment, educating staff, administration, and key managers on coding nomenclature and DRG reimbursement methodology.
- Works closely with clinicians and clinical documentation specialists to establish and encourage consistent clinical documentation understanding of all documentation guidelines.
- Serves as liaison between management and staff and is responsible for responding to staff questions.
- Must remain current with regulatory changes in ICD-10-CM, PCS, and DRG.
- Performs validation audits verifying correct ICD-10, DRG and cross-referencing recorded diagnoses and procedures; identify trends and communicates action needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of HIM/Coding course.
- 3-5 years of Inpatient Coding and MSDRG Auditing experience
- Successful completion of medical terminology course preferred
- Previous experience working with EPIC preferred
- Working knowledge of insurance and third-party billing preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- RHIT or RHIA
- Accredited by the American Health Information Management Association Expertise in using coding nomenclature classification systems
- Computer knowledge and keyboard skills.
- Must understand reimbursement methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge in the MSDRG methodology.
- Extensive knowledge of the official coding guidelines.
- Need to be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to compile and report results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of leadership within the hospital.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.