MEDICAL CUSTOMER SVC REP
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- StC HB Patient Financial Svcs
- Full-time, Day
- 8:30a-5:00p Mon-Fri
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Req #: 201905106-47295
- Posted: September 20, 2019
The Medical Customer Service Representative serves as a primary contact for all patient billing inquiries. Assists patients in understanding billing statements to ensure swift resolution of outstanding balances. Serves as a liaison between the patient, business office and/or payors for all billing matters related to account resolution. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients, their families and with co-workers.
- Associate’s Degree in business or a healthcare related program preferred or three years relevant healthcare experience in lieu of education preferred.
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office applications and related healthcare systems and software preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospital or clinic billing environment working with third party payer, billing, and terminology preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare billing and third-party payer requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and customer relations principles
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.