- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- PLAZA-Radiation Oncology
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/pp; Varying between 7:30a-5p, weekends as needed
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C4 Clinical Professional 4
- Req #: 201905243-48417
- Posted: September 13, 2019
The person who fills this position will join a team of three physicists to provide coverage for Saint Cloud, Alexandria, and Monticello, MN. Over the last few years, we have been busy transitioning from a multi-vendor platform to a single vendor platform across all three sites, and we also obtained ASTRO APEx accreditation for all three sites in April 2019.
- Saint Cloud, which is the busiest Radiation Oncology department in central Minnesota, has two radiation oncologists and two dosimetrists.
- Alexandria has one radiation oncologist and one dosimetrist.
- Monticello has one radiation oncologist and one part-time dosimetrist.
We have two Varian TrueBeam linear accelerators in Saint Cloud, a Varian TrueBeam currently being installed in Alexandria, and an Elekta Synergy in Monticello (with plans to be replaced with a TrueBeam in 2021). All TrueBeam linacs are beam matched. Treatment procedures include 3D, IMRT, VMAT, and IGRT at all three sites, along with very busy SBRT and MLC-based SRS programs in Saint Cloud. All three sites have large bore Philips CT Simulators and a PET/CT was recently installed in Saint Cloud.
The Treatment planning system is Eclipse along with Velocity at all three sites. Saint Cloud and Alexandria departments manage daily operations with ARIA and EPIC, and Monticello uses Mosaiq and EPIC (with plans to transition to ARIA when the new TrueBeam is installed).
The responsibility of this position includes patient treatment plan checks; weekly physics chart checks; monthly and annual machine quality assurance; SRS and SBRT; as well as serving as a resource to the dosimetrists and physicians for difficult external beam treatment plans. Additional responsibilities will include SRS planning and involvement in acceptance testing and commissioning of new treatment machines
- Master of Science degree from an accredited institution in Medical Physics, Physics or related science
- Board certified either by the American Board of Radiology or the American Board of Medical Physics
- Minimum of three years’ experience; more preferred
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.