REC PLUS COUNSELOR - LADC
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Recovery Plus Inpatient & OP
- Full-time, Day
- M-F 8-4:30
- Minimum $20.54
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C2 Clinical Professional 2
- Req #: 201905434-48591
- Posted: November 7, 2019
Responsible for the planning, coordinating and delivery of chemical dependency services to designated patients, families, and concerned persons served through the Recovery Plus Services of St. Cloud Hospital or at joint venture programs. This includes one to one counseling, group counseling, family counseling, discharge planning, and networking with community referral sources. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers. These standards are based upon service to patients/clients ages 12 years and older.
- Master’s Degree in chemical dependency counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or other related field, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical dependency counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or other related field required.
- For Master’s Degree, internship in chemical dependency.
- For Bachelor’s Degree, internship in chemical dependency.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Temporary ADC (Alcohol and Drug Counselor) permit required within 6 months.
- Licensure as Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) in State of Minnesota within two years.
- Any persons who have direct client contact must have been free of substance use problems for at least the two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact. Substance use problems include the following:
• Receiving treatment for substance use, including medication assisted treatment.
• Substance use that has a negative impact on the employee’s job performance;
• Substance use that affects the credibility of the treatment services with clients, referral sources or other members of the community; and
• symptoms of intoxication or withdrawal on the job.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.