LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (DIALYSIS)
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Dialysis- St Cloud
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 60-80 hrs/pp; hours between 5a-10p; e/o Saturday; rotating holidays
- Career Band: N1 Nursing 1
- Req #: 201905788-48917
- Posted: November 29, 2019
In this role, you will give patients the crucial care they need to survive.
You'll provide direct nursing care to dialysis patients with temporary to permanent renal failure and the entities thereof. Patients served are ages typically 14 through geriatric. In this position, you will regularly have exposure to blood and needles.
Our Licensed Practical Nurses work under the direction of the Registered Nurse and work closely with other team members to ensure these vulnerable patients are capably cared for.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 5:00am - 10:00pm
Shifts lengths could vary between 8, 10 or 12 hours
To help you succeed in caring for patients we will:
- Provide classroom and hands-on training: Your first few weeks of work will be spent in St. Cloud with our educators who will help prepare you for the important work you'll be doing!
- Provide you with an extraordinary series of benefits, including medical and dental, paid time off, disability and life insurance, employee discounts and more!
- Stagger patients’ schedules in a way that lets you give each patient the attention they deserve.
- Hire, train and retain caring coworkers who will work with you to care for our vulnerable patients!
Here's what we need from you for you to succeed in this role:
- Graduate of an approved school of practical nursing required.
- Current licensure as a LPN in the State of Minnesota required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS card (if you do not have, we will help you obtain!)
- Knowledge of nursing principles, policies, procedures, hospital ethics and principles of medical and surgical aspects.
- Medical/Surgical or Dialysis experience preferred, but not required.
- Nephrology certification preferred – in its absence CEU’s recommended.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.