- Paynesville, MN
- CentraCare - System
- StC PB Patient Financial Svcs
- Full-time, Day
- 7:30a-4:00p Mon-Fri
- Min $17.90/hr
- Professional/ Technical - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 201906120-49222
- Posted: November 1, 2019
The Financial Counselor is responsible for assisting patients in person or on the telephone to resolve all issues relative to their past or future account. They provide information regarding insurance coverage, payment options, alternative financing, and financial assistance programs. Resources available may include county, community and/or legal aide. Determining acceptable payment plans and continuing to follow-up on accounts until conclusion in accordance with established policies, procedures and Corporate Compliance guidelines. They will handle bankruptcy and other write offs along with communications to Government agencies, attorney offices and third-party agencies. The Guarantor's perception of CentraCare Health in most cases can be enhanced by the proper handling of their account by the Patient Account Assistant. The Financial Counselor should strive to handle accounts in ways that best affect collections and minimize bad debts. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients, their families and with co-workers.
- Associate’s Degree in business or a healthcare related program or 3 years relevant healthcare or collection experience in lieu of education required.
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office applications, computer systems and software.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Certified Patient Account Specialist (CPAS) from Medical-Dental-Hospital Business Associates )MDHBA) required within one year.
- Knowledge of billing and collection principles, including all applicable laws and regulations pertinent to healthcare collections is preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish or Somali a plus.
- Basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to research insurance.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent communication, listening and negotiating skills and customer relations principles.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal human relations skills.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.