This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Mental Health Adult Inpatient
- Part-time, Day
- 48 hrs/two week period. Wed-Fri primarily 8-4:30p (potential 7-3:30pm) - will work 1 in 6 weekends
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 201906502-49572
- Posted: December 10, 2019
Responsible for increasing patient awareness and abilities in the area of living skills and recreation activities by providing education and information on an individual or group basis. As a member of the interdisciplinary team is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of therapeutic programming (education and/or activities) to patients ranging in age from 5 years to old, old adult (depending on department) with mental health and/or chemical dependency issues. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field or an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited occupational therapy assistant curriculum and successful completion of clinical field work or five years of related experience assisting in running groups, program and material design required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- If a graduate from an accredited occupational therapy assistant program; then National Certification through NBCOT as a COTA and through the State of MN as a Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant required.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) initial and On-going Training required and provided.
- Entry level skills and knowledge in the provision of therapeutic education and activities.
- Ability to teach a variety of education and creative activities.
- Knowledge of medical and psychiatric diagnosis and the associated symptoms.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.