HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Family Birthing Center
- Full-time, Day/Night
- 60-72 hrs/pp, 7am-7:30pm & 7pm-7:30am, e/3rd wknd, e/o holiday
- Minimum $15.50/hr
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 201906594-49654
- Posted: December 20, 2019
The Family Birthing Center at the St. Cloud Hospital is the largest birthing center in Central Minnesota! We perform approximately 2900 deliveries a year. Patients cared for include infants from early to post term gestation and childbearing women and their families.
As a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) for the Family Birthing Center, you serve a vital role in being the communication link for the unit. Responsibilities will include greeting and assisting patients/families, guests, and providers as well as managing telephone communications, organizing and maintaining patient charts, monitoring security of locked unit entry badging system, and performing clerical and receptionist duties to support patient care. This position will also be cross-trained to assist in the NICU and Pediatric Unit as a HUC.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience/knowledge required.
- One year experience with office procedures and equipment with computer experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Certification as National Health Unit Coordinator preferred.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.