LABORATORY ASSIST HISTOLOGY
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Pathology Histology
- Part-time, Day
- 32 hrs/pp; hours between 6:00am-3:00pm, Mon.-Fri.
- Minimum $15.55/hour
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 201906600-49658
- Posted: December 30, 2019
Position will primarily work 11am-3pm but may require hours as early as 6am
Assists in the processing and collection of cytologic specimens and the maintenance of histology and cytology files of specimens, blocks, slides and data. Performs maintenance and troubleshooting as well as assisting with student education and new employee orientation and training. May be required to function in other areas of the laboratory or pathology. Patients of all ages served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer graduate from or in the process of pursuing a degree from an accredited laboratory or medicine-related program.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic computer skills necessary.
- Prior experience in a similar role preferred.
- Transportation available for off campus laboratory related activities may be required.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.