CUSTOMER CONTACT ASSISTANT 2 (Call Center)
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Customer Contact Center
- Full-time, Night
- 60-70 hrs/pp; Thurs - Wed - 9pm-7:30am
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 202001131-50192
- Posted: March 23, 2020
Position is working nights, 7 days on/7 days off
Week 1: Sunday 9pm-7:30am, Monday 9pm-7:30am, Tuesday 9pm-7:30am, Wednesday 9pm-7:30am
Week 2: Thursday 9pm-7:30am, Friday 9pm-7:30am, Saturday 9pm-7:30am
Week 1: Thursday 9pm-7am, Friday 9pm-7am, Saturday 9pm-7am
Week 2: Sunday 9pm-7am, Monday 9pm-7am, Tuesday 9pm-7am, Wednesday 9pm-7am
Using a PC based call handling system, Customer Contact Assistant (CCA) II will handle a high volume of emergency calls both routine and complex, incoming, outgoing and inter-office telephone calls. CCA II will operate and interface with more than 20 different (fire, alarms, emergency communication, EPIC, Amtelco, Instant Notifier, Responder5 and more) systems. Responsible for dispatching of staff and Security to medical and non medical emergencies. Responsible for paging all of CentraCare/Carris employees and the medical staff, and will provide medical messaging services for clinics throughout CentraCare/Carris on a 24/7 basis. The CCA II is responsible for managing and monitoring a variety of alarm systems and ensuring all communications and alarm systems are in proper working order. The CCA II will facilitate transfers in and out of CentraCare/Carris facilities from referring hospitals wishing to transfer a patient,while tracking all calls for EMTALA. Also is the STEMI coordinator for St. Cloud Hospital (SCH) for all STEMI patients being transferred to SCH and also will handle all Telehealth calls. Documenting the calls, and provide follow-up information to the referring hospital as needed. Responsible to back up all requesting departments when not available (Hospitalist, IS Help Desk and Echo). Responsible for transferring calls coming into CentraCare/Carris facilities as directed. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- 2 Year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Experience with general computer and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and controlled manner.
- Effective communication techniques, audio communication and computerized systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions, both orally and in writing.
- Emergency Medical Call Taker and/or dispatching experience preferred.
- Critical thinking skills along with previous experience in operation of PC phone systems preferred.
- Typing skill of 40 wpm preferred.
- Ability to accurately assess emergency and non-emergency information and make correct decisions preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a high-stress work environment.
- Ability to accurately sort, file, and retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical, or chronological systems.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and maintain confidential information.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.