Underpayment Claims Assistant
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Managed Care
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/pp, M-F 8am-4:30pm
- Minimum $16.54/hr
- Support Services - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 202001582-50600
- Posted: March 9, 2020
The Underpayment Claims Assistant will recover lost revenue for CentraCare related to third party payer underpayments. Reviews underpaid accounts in the Epic underpayment work queues and determine those that require additional follow up. Works with customer contacts at third party payers to address underpayment issues and will be responsible for resolution of the accounts. This role will also assist in researching contract issues and tracking resolution. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients, and their families and with co-workers. Patients of all ages served. Ability to manage multiple tasks and responds appropriately to a changing work environment.
- Associates degree or two years of related experience.
- Prior experience with medical billing, terminology, charge documentation, coding, auditing, and payor contracts are preferred.
- Prior experience with Epic EMR preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.