IS EPIC OPTIMIZATION SPECIALIST (Inpatient)
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- I.S. Computer Education
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/two weeks, 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Information Services
- Career Band: B1 Business Professional 1
- Req #: 202001659-50666
- Posted: February 26, 2020
Works with Epic end-users and Information Services personnel and provides procedural and technical guidance to staff operational and technical education, support, troubleshooting, and/or recommend process or system improvements. The main goal of this role is to ensure all staff – providers and nursing - are utilizing Epic tools optimally, with efficiency and accuracy to ensure we are achieving great patient care. The Optimization Specialist is responsible for mastering Epic application and workflow knowledge as it relates to the end users they will support.
The Optimization Specialist is an integral member of a project team and will participate in projects and end user assessments in order to gain in-depth knowledge of practice and system workflows to achieve optimal system functionality and ultimately quality patient care. They are responsible for assisting in development of and maintaining training materials as necessary, in conjunction with the Education Specialists and Analysts. The Optimization Specialist leads training of new staff members and provides regular ongoing training opportunities. They also provide support to providers and nursing staff to troubleshoot issues and answer questions as they arise. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Uses software expertise to investigate, resolve and/or escalate basic to moderate support issues.
- Researches, analyzes and makes recommendations for application workflow improvements.
- Under supervision, completes one or more small to medium sized education projects.
- Responsible for education of new features and upgrades to existing applications.
- Assists with establishment and documentation of education and skills enhancement programs.
- Attends Change Control meetings as assigned and maintains current knowledge of changes approved through the Change Control process.
- Responsible for communication to end-users.
- Provides on-site optimization and support for clients.
- Assesses ongoing education needs for specific audiences by observation then presenting to department or end user recommendations for additional training.
- Participates in projects affecting their departments or application(s).
- Attends training as appropriate to stay current on application(s).
Requires 2 years post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Epic application credential status required within 2 months of hire. If there are 3 or more failing exam scores, the exams
cannot be retaken.
- Adult education experience required
- Formal classroom teaching experience preferably in a healthcare environment a plus
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and the basics of instructional design.
- Ability to work in an adaptable, fast-paced, and results-driven setting
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to be team-focused and self-motivated
- Ability to creatively meet needs of the end user
- Excellent oral, written and one-on-one communication skills, able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to present in front of and teach classes to clinical end users in classroom, group, and one-on-one settings
- Strong "people skills" (responsible for motivating end users and other trainers)
- Systems thinker with strong organizational skills who can pull all the pieces together and deliver on time
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of physician practice highly desired.
- In-depth knowledge of workflow design and processes, and the important functionality supporting the workflows preferred.
- Previous experience in information technology and/or electronic health record software is preferred.
- Experience as a trainer or super user of a clinical information system preferred
- EPIC Certification or Proficiency in a clinical application highly preferred.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply