REG RESP THERAPIST
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Respiratory Therapy
- Full-time, Various
- A,P, D, 3-11, P, 7-11pm rotating
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C3 Clinical Professional 3
- Req #: 202001705-50711
- Posted: March 6, 2020
Provides services to patients ranging in age from the very young (newborn) to the elderly in order to prevent, assess, alleviate or correct breathing disorders associated with a medical trauma or disease process. Responsible for treating inpatients and outpatients. Under a physician's order, therapists are responsible for evaluating patient needs, establishing treatment plans and providing treatments/services accordingly. May work with patients on an individual and/or group basis using current technology and treatment techniques consistent with department and hospital policies and procedures. Responsible for independent therapist functions and delegated therapies which may be performed in collaboration with other health care team members or may be delegated by the therapist to the patient or other care givers who reside with the patient. In cooperation with other health professionals, the RRT will develop and implement specialized treatment programs as appropriate to meet patient needs. In the absence of the Section Director for Hospital Medicine or Department Director, the RRT will address any patient concerns. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Graduate of a two or four-year Respiratory Care Program (preferably through the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) OR a Bachelor of Science degree in a health-related field with a certificate in Respiratory Care required.
- Diploma in Respiratory Therapy/Care OR Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) with 10 years of respiratory care experience accepted in lieu of a two or four-year AMA graduate if hired prior to September 2006.
- Prior clinical or fieldwork experience must provide clear evidence of clinical skills consistent with basic entry-level positions.
- Specific clinical training in areas of special interest preferred.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) within two years of hire.
- Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist (RT) in the State of MN or temporary RT permit required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- NICU/Pediatric specialists must be certified by the Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.