MEDICAL LAB SCIENTIST
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 80 hrs/pp; Various shifts, every other weekend and rotating holidays
- Minimum $27.56/hour
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C2 Clinical Professional 2
- Req #: 202001803-50801
- Posted: March 24, 2020
This is a generalist position working in multiple areas of the clinical laboratory.
Hospital acute care day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results. Performs standard laboratory procedures, including specimen collection, using established and approved protocol that require a broad exercise of independent judgement and responsibility with minimal technical supervision. Responsible for operating, maintain and validating instrumentation/equipment and records; major trouble shooting of equipment, instruments and procedures; recognized factors affecting measurement and takes appropriate action; performs quality control, proficiency testing and quality assurance activities related to test performance; recognize results that are abnormal or deviate from expected. May be involved in special projects, evaluations and implementation of new methodologies in the laboratory. Functions as charge person as assigned. Patients of all ages are served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Must have a baccalaureate degree with necessary science/math credits as required and verified by the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC). New Graduate’s degree must be validated within 2 months post-graduation.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- ASCP-BOC certified within 6 months with first exam completed within 3 months of hire, with certification verified within six weeks of exam.
- Recent experience of two or more years in a large acute care facility preferred.
- Must possess good computer knowledge and input skills.
- Transportation available for off campus laboratory related activities may be required.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.