Full Time Clinic NP/PA Opening in Long Prairie, MN
This job posting is no longer active.
- Long Prairie, MN
- CentraCare - Long Prairie
- Full-time, Day
- Full time, clinic hours
- Advanced Practice Provider
- Career Band: P1 Provider 1
- Req #: 202002350-51306
- Posted: June 10, 2020
As a Family Practice Provider in our Long Prairie Clinic, you will work as a part of a primary health care team in collaboration with your team of Physicians and Providers. In this role, care for individuals at any stage of life following established protocols, however, you do have day-to-day independence in health care decisions for your patients.
Some responsibilities of the Family Practice Provider include:
- Chronic disease management
- Evaluating, implementing and managing patient treatment based on assessments of their needs
- Reviewing lab results and planning the course of action according to the results
- Providing preventative care to adults and children
- Educating patients on health and wellness
CENTRACARE – LONG PRAIRIE
CentraCare is a collaborative group of Central Minnesota healthcare professionals, working together to provide comprehensive, high-quality care, close to home. We aspire to be the leader in Minnesota for quality, safety, service, and value. CentraCare Long Prairie consists of an outpatient clinic, a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and a Long-Term Care facility.
As a Level IV Trauma Center, CentraCare – Long Prairie's Emergency Department delivers prompt, quality trauma care for the area. Minnesota's Statewide Trauma System ensures that trauma patients get prompt access to the highest level of appropriate care.
CentraCare – Long Prairie was designated a Comprehensive Advanced Life Support (CALS) hospital by a coalition of Minnesota health care organizations and individuals. Minnesota's CALS program provides advanced life-support education to rural health care providers.
The CALS Hospital designation represents an institutional commitment to quality rural emergency medical care and recognizes the clinicians who have completed the education as well as the administrators who provided the infrastructure for this achievement. CentraCare – Long Prairie met the criteria at the highest possible level with 100% of nurses and provider staff trained in CALS. In addition, we have secured the recommended equipment and demonstrated commitment to the CAPS principles.
ABOUT THE LONG PRAIRIE COMMUNITY
- Community of about 3,400 people
- County seat of Todd County
- Located 55 miles from St. Cloud and 120 miles northwest of the Twin Cities, less than 20 minutes to I-94.
- Wide variety of businesses
- Abundance of recreational and leisure activities
- Excellent school systems
- Diverse agriculture and manufacturing base around one of the most productive and loyal workforces in the state.
- Major retail center for most of Todd County
- Well balanced variety of stores has helped the retailers of the community withstand the difficulties of other rural areas.
Visit these links to learn more about the Long Prairie Community
To be eligible for this position you must meet the following requirements;
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner or hold a current Minnesota Physician Assistant Licensure
We would prefer that our candidate have experience in one of the following;
- Urgent Care
- Family Medicine
- Walk-In Clinic
In addition, all applicants must have a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider card and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number prior to receiving clinical privileges.
CentraCare has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.