LAB ASSISTANT / PHLEBOTOMIST
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Lab Support Services
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 80 hrs/pp; Rotation 4 weeks day shift, 2 weeks evenings; every other weekend, rotating holidays
- Minimum $15.55/hour
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 202002533-51476
- Posted: May 11, 2020
Enjoy a rewarding career at CentraCare as a Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist!
Our communities count on us every day to make their lives better. In turn, our employees are committed to listening to, and serving the needs of Central Minnesotans.
Our Phlebotomist position is great for someone entering the healthcare industry and/or laboratory profession. We provide on the job training for this role. Current students and individuals with minimal experience are encouraged to apply.
Our Lab Assistant is a great second step within the laboratory setting. Lab Assistants will have demonstratable knowledge of basic chemistry tests, hematology, urinalysis and have basic venipuncture and capillary collection skills. Current students and others with some lab experience would be a great match for this role!
What you’ll do:
- Collect blood samples from the patient
- Create an atmosphere of trust and confidence with patients
- Lab Assistants perform low complexity testing, culture set-up diagnostic coding, patient registration
What you’ll receive:
- On the job training
- An environment where employees are supported in building their skills
- Open communication amongst the team and leaders
- May be eligible for tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefits package
What you’ll have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prefer graduate from or in the process of pursing a degree from an accredited laboratory or medicine-related program
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic computer skills
- Transportation available for off campus laboratory related activities
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.