COVID-19 Health Unit Coordinator
- St. Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Patient Care Support Office
- Temporary without benefits, Various
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 202002561-51502
- Posted: May 18, 2020
*This opening is exclusively for applicants not currently employed at CentraCare. Current employees should contact the labor pool if they wish to contribute to this effort.
Find your purpose supporting the COVID-19 surge at St. Cloud Hospital.
You’ll experience plenty of variety being part of something bigger than yourself. You’ll gain unique experience during an unprecedented event and provide coordinating support for providers, nurses, therapists, assistants and other care team members. HUCs serve as a unit’s nervous system, ensuring all message get to where they need to.
We have an incredible incident command team dealing with the pandemic. CentraCare is providing staff with personal protective equipment, as recommended by the CDC.
We have the following opportunities available:
- Four casual positions: Occasional, currently unscheduled shifts
- Two 24-36 hours per week positions
- Four 36 hours per week positions
Here’s what you should know about these opportunities:
- 12-hour overnight shifts (7p-7a )
- Some weekends required
- Competitive pay rate plus shift differentials for nights and weekends
- Earn time-and-a-half when you work Memorial Day or Labor Day; double pay July 4
- Temporary with no benefits, expecting to last 3-6 months
- Variety of days and shifts, with greatest needs on evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
- A desire to help required
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Previous office experience preferred
- High school diploma preferred
*The goal of this posting is to increase the total number of critical care registered nurses at CentraCare for our COVID-19 response. With that, this position is for external applicants only. Additionally, applicants who leave a job at CentraCare after 4/20/2020 are not eligible for this temporary position.
CentraCare has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.