STERILE PROCESSING TECH I
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Sterile Processing Department
- Part-time, Evening
- 48-64 hrs/ two wks; primarily M-F 2:30pm-11pm** occ other hrs as needed.
- Support Services - Nonpatient Care
- Req #: 202002920-51837
- Posted: July 8, 2020
Opportunity for growth to a Sterile Processing Tech II and Tech III based on skills, certification, and years of service.
Do you enjoy a job that keeps you active so you can stay in shape and don’t have to go to the gym? If so, the Sterile Processing Tech I position just might be the position for you! It’s not an office job where you’re sitting at a desk - you’ll constantly be on the move, lifting trays of tools and equipment used in the operating rooms, pushing, loading/unloading sterilized equipment carts, and packaging sterilized equipment for future use.
You will be responsible for ensuring all surgical supplies, equipment, and instruments are properly decontaminated, disinfected, inspected, sterilized, inventoried and distributed in a quality and timely manner throughout the health system. Follows all hospital policies and Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Guidelines to ensure the highest level of patient safety. Is responsible for use of technologies such as copier/scanner, internet, handheld devices, electronic medical records, instrument tracking systems, inventory management systems, email and Microsoft office. Works with clearly defined methods and tasks that are described in detail. Works under close supervision with little autonomy.
- High School Diploma graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Requires little or no prior relevant training or work experience.
- Must have the ability to understand detailed technical instruction for surgical instrumentation and equipment.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.