This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare Clinic
- CentraCare Eye Clinic
- Full-time, Day
- 72-80 hrs/two week; 8am-5pm; Mon-Fri.
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 202003144-52048
- Posted: July 30, 2020
Responsible for daily patient care and flow of clinic activities. Position requires good understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care. Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage needed. Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment required. Ability to communicate with patients, co-workers and manager is critical. Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time. Under the direction of the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist or physician, performs various procedures. May be required to follow and observe provider(s) for intermittent or extended periods of time to accurately document every aspect of the patient encounter as well as assist with the efficiency of the provider(s) by complying with the location-specific workflows.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience or training in Ophthalmology or related field.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant required within 18 months of hire.
- Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) preferred.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular meds.
- Understands characteristics of common anterior segment disorders and oculoplastic conditions.
- Utilizes proper eye drop technique and sterility.
- Understands and communicates well to patients.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.