CentraCare Careers Privacy Notice
In this Careers Privacy Notice ("Notice"), CentraCare (“CentraCare”, "we", or "us") describe the types of information that we collect from job applicants, how we use that information, and how we may disclose that information.
This Notice applies to applicants who may apply to open positions at CentraCare. This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment offered to job applicants hired by CentraCare.
We may change this Notice from time to time, and we will post changes to this Careers site.
1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a range of Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you. We collect the following types of Personal Information when you apply for a job with CentraCare:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, and job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the hiring process such as Social Security number, gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information, and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (as applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have submitted to CentraCare and/or any previous employment history with CentraCare;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g., your LinkedIn profile);
- Information related to your internet or other network activities, such as how you interact with our Careers site.
- Location information while you navigate our Careers site, including your IP address.
- Device information consisting of information from devices you connect to or used with our Careers site, including your mobile device, connected device, and wired and wireless sensors. This information may include your IP address and similar unique device identifiers.
2. Information Collected From Other Sources
We obtain information about individuals from various third-party and public sources and we may combine that data with Personal Information we have. For example:
- CentraCare may collect application information from recruiters;
- CentraCare may collect information regarding your past employment (including performance information) from former employers;
- CentraCare may collect information regarding your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country where you would be employed from government agencies;
- CentraCare may collect your credit history and/or criminal record if you consent to a credit check or background check;
- CentraCare may collect information relating to your qualifications to work with CentraCare from your references;
- CentraCare may collect your drug test results from the third-party services provider CentraCare uses to perform applicant and employee drug tests; and
- CentraCare will collect tax related information from the Internal Revenue Services.
3. Cookies and Other Technologies
When you use this Careers site, we process information collected through cookies and tracking technologies for functional and analytics purposes, including allowing you to access certain features of the Websites; to help authenticate users, prevent fraud, and secure the site; to understand how you interact with this Site; and to help personalize your experience. For more information on the specific tracking technologies we use and their purposes, please see below:
Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Websites, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Websites and Services, and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the site. We also gather statistical data about use of the site to continually improve design and functionality, understand how it is used and assist us with resolving questions.
Pixel Tags and Other Similar Technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the site, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Websites and Services.
Analytics. We use a service provider (Phenom) to provide this Careers site, and it utilizes its own analytics platform on the site in order to collect data regarding your use of the site.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies and similar technologies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Websites may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable.
We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
Blocking or rejecting cookies will not stop all of the tracking described in this Privacy Notice. These features and options are browser and device-specific and are not uniform. You can usually find these settings in the options or preferences menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links for commonly used browsers may be helpful, or you can use the help option in your browser for more details:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising, you may visit the following websites:
On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
4. Children Under 18
We only employ those who are legally eligible to work at the location of employment, which is typically the age of majority (18 years old). Please do not send us application materials if you are under the legal age eligible for employment.
5. Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
CentraCare processes your Personal Information as described in this Notice for the following purposes:
- To Manage the Application Process. We use your Personal Information to process your job application, to verify the information you have provided in your application, to communicate with you regarding your application, to answer your questions regarding the application process and to confirm your eligibility for a position. We may also save your information for future job openings within CentraCare.
- To Manage the Hiring Process. We may use your Personal Information in the hiring process to conduct interviews. We may also use your Personal Information to perform background and reference checks, with your consent, if you are offered a position.
- To Communicate with You. We may use your Personal Information to provide information to you, to respond to your questions, to notify you of changes to your compensation and benefits program or to notify you of emergencies.
- Recruiting. We may use Personal Information to communicate with you regarding the recruiting process, to learn where you heard about CentraCare, and to evaluate and improve our recruiting process.
- Law Enforcement and Courts. We may disclose your Personal Information in response to a subpoena, a search warrant or other legally valid process. We may use your Personal Information to cooperate with law enforcement or other government entities if you are suspected of having violated applicable laws.
- Record Keeping. We may use Personal Information to comply with applicable legally required or industry-standard business and record-keeping requirements and to respond to governmental requests for information.
- Protect Our Legal Rights. We may use your Personal Information to protect our legal rights, to defend a claim or lawsuit, and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property. We may use your Personal Information to seek legal, accounting or other professional advice. When necessary to identify, contact or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of, CentraCare or any other party.
- Security. We may use your Personal Information to protect CentraCare against illegal activity and misconduct such as fraud, deceptive practices and data security incidents. We use this to offer, operate, maintain, deliver, troubleshoot and update our websites, programs, network and systems used by CentraCare in the course of its business.
6. How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Within CentraCare. We may disclose your Personal Information internally within CentraCare and among CentraCare’s affiliates for purposes of recruiting and/or evaluating applicants, resource planning, and talent and recruiting, human resources and business administration functions.
- Service Providers. CentraCare may disclose Personal Information with third-party service providers or suppliers ("Service Providers") that include, without limitation, data storage providers, website or mobile application hosting providers, and e-mail service providers as needed to provide the applicable services to us. CentraCare will take steps to help ensure appropriate protections are in place before we disclose Personal Information with any Service Provider.
- Legal Requirements. We will cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies. We may disclose Personal Information for the following legal purposes:
- If we believe in good faith we are legally required to disclose that Personal Information
- If we are advised to disclose Personal Information by our legal counsel
- When necessary to identify, contact or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of, CentraCare or any other party
- For tax and payment purpose (e.g. Internal Revenue Service)
- To protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety, or the health and safety of others
- To detect and investigate fraud or illegal activity, or to respond to a government request
- To respond to an emergency
- Professional Advisors. We may disclose Personal Information with our professional advisors, such as our attorneys and accountants, in their capacity as advisors, including for advice on potential or actual litigation matters.
- Change in Ownership. We may use and disclose Personal Information in connection with the evaluation of a change of control of CentraCare such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets. We may provide Personal Information both in connection with a due diligence process or it could be transferred as part of the change of control to subsequent owner(s). If we (or our assets) are acquired or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control or reorganization, Personal Information and other information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party, or reviewed as part of the due diligence process.
7. De-Identified/Aggregate Information
We may collect or create information that is de-identified or aggregate information that does not identify a natural person ("De-Identified Information"). CentraCare is the sole and exclusive owner of De-Identified Information and may use or disclose such information for any legal business purpose. For example, CentraCare may create aggregate information about applicants to learn about the success of its recruiting processes.
8. Data Security
CentraCare makes commercially reasonable efforts to protect applicants’ Personal Information. We protect Personal Information using technical and organizational measures designed to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of Personal Information appropriate to the type of Personal Information processed.
Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. CentraCare applicants are responsible for safeguarding the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password-protected or secure areas of any CentraCare -owned or licensed platforms. It is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever communicating with us.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem. If a breach of your Personal Information occurs, we will notify you of the breach if and as required under applicable law. In order to protect you and your Personal Information, CentraCare may suspend your use of any CentraCare programs or platforms without notice pending an investigation if any breach of security is suspected.
9. Retention of your Personal Information
Personal Information will be stored in accordance with appliable laws and kept as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Notice or as otherwise required by applicable law, taking into consideration any statutorily required minimum periods of time in applicable jurisdictions.
Personal Information which is no longer to be retained will be securely and effectively destroyed or permanently erased from our systems and we will also require third parties to destroy or erase such Personal Information where applicable.
10. California Applicants
This section applies to our collection and use of "Personal Information" if you are a resident of California, as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (the "CPRA"). This Section describes (1) the categories of Personal Information, collected and disclosed by us, subject to CPRA, (2) your privacy rights under CPRA, and (3) how to exercise your rights.
If you would like to receive a copy of this Section in an alternate format (e.g., printable) or language, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
CentraCare makes the following disclosures regarding the Personal Information CentraCare has collected within the 12-month period preceding the Effective Date of this Notice:
Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you and from the categories of sources detailed in Section 2 above.
Use of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information for the business purposes detailed in Section 5 above.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The categories of third parties to which we disclose personal information for a business or commercial purpose or to whom we sell or share personal information are summarized in the chart below. We do not sell or share your Personal Information. We also do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of minors under the age of 16.