HOME HEALTH AIDE
This job posting is no longer active.
- St. Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Benedict's Community
- Home Health - Monticello
- Part-time, Night
- Hospice and Home Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 201809114-42084
- Posted: May 4, 2020
Performs designated tasks under the immediate supervision of a nurse. The Home Health aide (HHA) functions as a member of the Home Care team and demonstrates accuracy, reliability and safety in caring for clients.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Six months experience as a HHA or CNA working with cognitively impaired adults in their home or a facility.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry upon hire
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (or must acquire within 30 days of hire)
- Minnesota Class D driver’s license and eligible to be insured under the corporate auto insurance policy (for Benedict Homes Only).
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Verbally communicate in a clear, precise manner, using a calm, pleasant tone of voice
- Ability to communicate effectively with the elderly population
- Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, procedures and memos
- Basic knowledge of memory loss
- Willingness to acquire additional training for medication management and Assisted Living Home Care
- Ability to recognize the need for assistance
- Ability to follow directions
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.