FREE NURSING ASSISTANT CLASSES
This job posting is no longer active.
- Long Prairie, MN
- CentraCare - Long Prairie
- LTC - Nursing Staff
- Casual/on-call, Various
- Weekday Classes
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Req #: 201901278-42827
- Posted: July 1, 2020
Cost of class/course is covered by CentraCare!
Attendance to all classes is required to pass the course.
The interview for this program may include a pre-employment screening and a conversation about your interest in this job and training opportunity. Candidates who are interviewed and selected for this position will receive a conditional job offer and will need to successfully complete the pre-employment health screen, Tuberculosis Blood Test and criminal background check prior to beginning the program. If the previous requirements are successfully completed, candidates will receive their final employment schedule. Students who do not pass the state test are responsible for the cost of retesting.
- 16 or older
- Desire to work with older adults
- Attendance is required for all class dates and becoming registered with the MN Department of Health, as a Nursing Assistant are required
- Willing to learn a variety of techniques to care for residents.
- Areas of training include supporting resident/patient care needs by performing delegated Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care tasks
- A one-year employment engagement with CentraCare Health - Long Prairie is required consisting of a minimum of 4 shifts per pay period
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective observational, reporting and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with people who are cognitively and/or physically impaired
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Competent in use of proper body mechanics
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
Upcoming Class Dates:
Ontrack-St. Cloud, Classes offered monthly!
Test date: TBD. Nursin Ed date: TBD.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.