BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
- Sauk Rapids, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Recovery Plus - Journey Home
- Part-time, Night
- 11pm-7:30am and every other weekend
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 201901364-42905
- Posted: November 7, 2019
The Behavioral Health Technician under the direction of the Registered Nurse and/or Coordinator provides direct and indirect care of patients to meet their physical, educational, psychosocial and spiritual needs. Supports patient care needs by performing delegated patient care and non-patient care tasks. Responsible for assisting the patient care team in the treatment and care of patients and families in accordance with established policies, procedures, and unit standards to provide quality care. Patients of all ages served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training (NCI) initial and on-going training required and provided.
- Two years of college with courses in psychology, sociology, addictions, and/or social work or comparable job experience.
- Six months’ experience in nursing assistant or similar role.
- Experience with computers and typing skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle escalating behavior and utilize physical safety holds with aggressive patients.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.