MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
- St. Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Mental Health Adol Inpatient
- Part-time, Day/Evening
- 0700-1530 &1500-2330
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 201901584-43107
- Posted: October 29, 2019
This is a part time position scheduled between 40-56 hours in a two week period, involving day and evening rotation, every other weekend shifts and holiday rotation.
The Mental Health Technician under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct and indirect care of patients ten years old to geriatric to meet their physical, educational, psychosocial and spiritual needs. Supports patient care needs by performing delegated patient care and non-patient care tasks. Responsible for assisting the patient care team in the treatment and care of patients and families in accordance with established policies, procedures, and unit standards to provide quality care. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers. Patients of all ages served.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training (NCI) initial and on-going training provided.
- Two years of college with courses in psychology, sociology, and/or social work or comparable job experience.
- Six months experience in nursing assistant or similar role.
- Experience with computers and typing skills.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card.
- Must be able to effectively handle escalating behavior and utilize physical safety holds with aggressive patients.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.