FREE NURSING ASSISTANT CLASSES INCLUDES PAID CLASS TIME
- Sauk Centre, MN
- CentraCare - Sauk Centre
- Nursing Home
- Casual/on-call, Various
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 201903967-46269
- Posted: April 2, 2020
Certified Nursing Assistants at CentraCare help provide care for patients and residents of long-term care facilities. To become a Certified Nursing Assistant in a long-term care facility, you are required to complete a state-approved education program and pass the Minnesota State Exam. Once you complete the training and pass the state exam, we’ll present qualified individuals with a job offer. CentraCare will cover the cost of the exam, course training, and pay you for your time while in the class.
*This course is online and in-person*
Classes held monthly in Melrose or St. Cloud
Session: Monday, May 4th thru Wednesday May 27th, in St. Cloud, MN
For more information on classes, you may contact Connie at (320) 352-2221 ext. 21767
The interview for this program may include a pre-employment screening and a conversation about your interest in this job and training opportunity. Candidates who are interviewed and selected for this position will receive a conditional job offer and will need to successfully complete the pre-employment health screen, Tuberculosis Skin Test and criminal background check prior to beginning the program. If the previous requirements are successfully completed, candidates will receive their final employment schedule.
- 16 years of age or older
- Desire to work with older adults
- Attendance is required for all class dates and becoming registered with the MN Department of Health as a Nursing Assistant are required
- Willing to learn a variety of techniques to care for residents.
- Areas of training include supporting resident/patient care needs by performing delegated Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care tasks
- A one-year employment engagement with CentraCare is required consisting of a minimum of 4 shifts per pay period
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
- Effective observational, reporting and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with people who are cognitively and/or physically impaired
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Competent in use of proper body mechanics
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.