RELEASE OF INFORMATION ASSISTANT
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- HIM Release of Information
- Full-time, Day
- 8:30a-5:00p; Monday-Friday
- Minimum $14.99
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 201904384-46642
- Posted: November 21, 2019
Coordinates and processes the release of all medical information in an organized, efficient, and confidential manner. Responsible to have knowledge of current release of medical information regulations set forth by the State of Minnesota, the Federal Government, HIPAA, and HITECH. Required to have the ability to use and interpret the Minnesota "Legal Manual" on release of information. Responsible to correspond to insurance companies, representatives, patients, medical and legal offices, and attorneys. Responsible for billing of medical records sent to requestors and maintain all ROI work queues. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Medical Terminology course required
- One year of medical record experience is required
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- RHIT certification required or must be obtained within 1 year of employment date if hired after July 2, 2017
- Completion of a Health Information Technology program is strongly preferred
- Experience with Release of Information is preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent prioritizing and problem solving skills required. Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge and keyboard skills required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the area of confidentiality and release of information standards.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.