PER DIEM SPEECH LANGUAGE PATH
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Speech Therapy
- Casual/on-call, Day
- Per Diem; Every 4th weekend, 8a-4:30p, rotating holidays
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Req #: 201904550-46787
- Posted: November 27, 2019
Provides services to patients ranging in age in order to prevent, assess, alleviate or correct communication, swallowing or other speech related disorders to Required inpatients. Responsible for evaluating patient needs, conducting diagnostic tests/procedures, establishing treatment plans and providing treatments/services accordingly. May work with patients on an individual and/or group basis using current technologies and treatment techniques consistent with department and hospital policies and procedures. Responsible for independent therapist functions and delegated therapies which may be performed in collaboration with other health care team members or may be delegated by the therapist to the patient or other informal care givers who reside with the patient. In cooperation with other health professionals, the SLP will develop and implement specialized treatment programs as appropriate to meet patient needs. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders from an accredited university required
- Prior clinical or field work experience must provide clear evidence of clinical skills consistent with basic entry level positions
- Specific clinical training in areas of special interest such as dysphagia, neurogenic disorders and pediatric patient treatment desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Current State of Minnesota Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Registration required (to include a CFY Temporary License from the State of Minnesota).
- Certificate of Clinical Competencies (CCCs) from ASHA required or certification required upon completion of Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.