- St Cloud, MN
- Full-time, Various
- Full-Time Opportunities
- Req #: 201905117-47305
- Posted: September 11, 2019
Orthopedic Physician Section Director
University of Minnesota Physicians
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at UMPhysicians is seeking a full-time orthopedic surgeon to lead the Musculoskeletal Service Line at CentraCare and St. Cloud Hospital, St. Cloud, MN. Candidates must be board certified in orthopedic surgery and have demonstrated leadership experience within an Orthopedic practice setting. The individual hired will be employed fulltime in the University of Minnesota Physicians practice group and the University of Minnesota Medical School if desired. Candidates must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Minnesota.
Responsibilities include patient care at CentraCare and St. Cloud Hospital, a Level II Trauma Center. CentraCare is a partner with the Orthopedic Department at UMPhysicians. Additional responsibilities as the section director of the orthopedic program will involve:
• Partnering with the Service Line Administrative Senior Director to identify and lead the implementation of musculoskeletal strategies and tactics that will position the organization as a leader in delivering high-value, innovate care along the full continuum for patient population seeking orthopedic care. The strategies will support the vision, mission and strategic priorities of CentraCare.
• The Musculoskeletal Physician Section Director will work with physician leaders at all CentraCare sties to ensure safe, timely effective, efficient and patient-centered implementation of tactics.
• This position in partnership with the Department Head and Administrative Senior Director of the Musculoskeletal Service Line has ultimate accountability for the overall operational, clinical and financial performance of the orthopedic program at CentraCare.
The Musculoskeletal Physician Section Director has responsibility for, but not limited to:
• Hiring of orthopedic surgeons and providers.
• Leading orthopedic physicians and providers.
• Creating a strategic growth plan in partnership with CentraCare Senior Director of the Musculoskeletal Service Line.
• Business development of the orthopedic program in partnership with CentraCare Senior Director of the Musculoskeletal Service Line
• Development of capital and operating budgets in partnership with CentraCare Senior Director of the Musculoskeletal Service Line.
• Identifying opportunities for quality improvement and cost savings in partnership with CentraCare Senior Director of the Musculoskeletal Service Line.
St. Cloud, MN
St. Cloud is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. You can take advantage of the events in Minneapolis/St. Paul, but live in low stress and relaxing community.
- 60 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Mini-Metro of 130,000 people
- Four season recreation
- Theatre and arts
- Excellent School options
- Family Friendly
- Four colleges
- Lakes area
St. Cloud Area Education Resources
St. Cloud School District 742
Sartell School District 748
Sauk Rapids/Rice School District 47
Diocese of St. Cloud Catholic Schools
St. John’s Prep
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud Technical College
College of St. Benedict / St. John's University