PEDIATRIC OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- PLAZA-PEDS OT Outpatient
- Full-time, Day
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C3 Clinical Professional 3
- Req #: 201905656-48793
- Posted: January 3, 2020
CentraCare has a unique opportunity for an Occupational Therapist with pediatric specialty and passion for evaluation and treatment of the outpatient Pediatric patient population at the CentraCare Health Plaza.
In this role, you'll provide occupational therapy services to patients ranging from birth through adolescence who may have physical, medical or behavioral health diagnoses. You'll have an opportunity to evaluate patient needs, establish treatment plans, and provide healing therapies/services accordingly. In collaboration with the COTA, you will work with patients on an individual basis using current technology, treatment techniques, and modalities. If you enjoy being a part of a large, interdisciplinary team and have a passion for working with children, this could be the perfect fit for you!
About our facility:
Located at the CentraCare Health Plaza, our Pediatric Specialty Clinic includes:
- Aquatic Therapy Indoor Pool including a treadmill, lift and other equipment
- Centralized workspace where interdisciplinary team can collaborate
- Sensory gym and large play space with wall-to-ceiling Rock Climbing Wall
We help children in a number of specialty areas, including:
- Addressing any difficulties drinking from a bottle or eating solid foods
- Providing specialized treatment for children with sensory processing difficulties
- Using serial casting for joints with limited range-of-motion or poor functional alignment
- Improving significant weakness through constraint-induced movement therapy
- Learning new ways to move through aquatic therapy
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy and successful completion of clinical training required
- Prior experience must provide clear evidence of clinical skills and passion for pediatric occupational therapy
- Certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy required within six months of hire
- Registered through the State of Minnesota as a Licensed Occupational Therapist or a temporary Occupational Therapist permit required with Occupational Therapist license obtained within 90 days of hire
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.