Dialysis Patient Care Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
- Aitkin, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 60-80 hrs/pp; 6:30a-6:00p; e/o Saturday; rotating holidays
- Minimum $15.51
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 201905242-48416
- Posted: November 22, 2019
Patients with kidney failure need their blood detoxified, and Patient Care Technicians are there to help remove toxins from the patient’s blood. In this position, you will operate the dialysis machine, place needles and monitor the patient’s vital signs during their treatment. You will regularly have exposure to blood and needles.
You’ll work closely with a Registered Nurse and other team members to make sure these vulnerable patients are capably cared for.
- Stagger patients’ schedules in a way that lets you give each patient the attention they deserve
- Hire, train and retain caring coworkers who will work with you to care for patients
- Provide classroom and hands-on training: Your first days of work will be spent in St. Cloud with educators who will help prepare you for the important work you’ll be doing
- Career support: A CCHT Certification is required within 18 months. We will help you learn and pay for you to get your license
- Provide you with an extraordinary series of benefits, including medical and dental, paid time off, disability and life insurance, employee discounts and more
- High school degree or equivalent experience/knowledge required
- Basic math computation skills required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required
- Previous dialysis experience a plus but not required
- Certified by a MN State or National program as a Clinical Hemodialysis Technologist/Technician (CCHT) required within 18 months of hire
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required