DIALYSIS PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Dialysis- St Cloud
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 60-80 hrs/pp; varying shifts between 5am-10pm; e/o Saturday; rotating holidays
- Minimum $15.51/hr
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 201905782-48911
- Posted: November 1, 2019
Patients with kidney failure need their blood detoxified, and Patient Care Technicians are there to help remove toxins from the patient’s blood. In this position, you will operate the dialysis machine, place needles and monitor the patient’s vital signs during their treatment. You will regularly have exposure to blood and needles.
You’ll work closely with a Registered Nurse and other team members to make sure these vulnerable patients are capably cared for.
(YOU WILL NEVER WORK A SUNDAY!)
Shifts lengths could vary between 8, 10 or 12 hours
- Provide classroom and hands-on training: Your first few weeks of work will be spent in St. Cloud with our educators who will help prepare you for the important work you’ll be doing!
- Career support: We will help you learn and pay for you to obtain your Clinical Hemodialysis Technologist (CCHT) certification (which is required within 18 months).
- Provide you with an extraordinary series of benefits, including medical and dental, paid time off, disability and life insurance, employee discounts and more!
- Stagger patients’ schedules in a way that lets you give each patient the attention they deserve.
- Hire, train and retain caring coworkers who will work with you to care for patients!
Here’s what we need from you for you to succeed in this role:
- High school degree or equivalent experience/knowledge required
- Basic math computation skills required
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS card (we will help you obtain this!)
- Certified by a MN State or National program as a Clinical Hemodialysis Technologist/Technician (CCHT) required within 18 months of hire
- Previous dialysis experience a plus but not required