CODING SPECIALIST ll
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- CCH Coding
- Full-time, Day
- 8:00a-4:30p, flexible
- Professional/ Technical - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 201905809-48931
- Posted: October 29, 2019
This position is responsible for reviewing electronic and written documentation to convert into diagnostic and/or procedure codes. The coder will ensure that records are coded in an accurate and timely manner. Professional will communicate with clinical staff to allow for accurate translation of medical record documentation using appropriate code selection (ICD CM , CPT/HCPCS). May assist in performing quality and productivity audits, data collection and monitoring/reporting. Through efficient and accurate coding, the individual within this role will help ensure that CentraCare Health is properly reimbursed for the professional and/or facility services it provides. Safeguards patient privacy and confidentiality. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Work from home opportunity; must be a MN resident for training and onsite meetings
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of college level courses or relevant experience in anatomy and physiology and medical terminology
- Completion of coding course in ICD, CPT4, and HCPCS
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current certification with AAPC or AHIMA
- One-year experience in a medical office
- Experience in ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Previous experience working with EPIC
- Working knowledge of insurance and third-party billing
- Computer knowledge and keyboard skills
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.