Nursing Assistants at CentraCare help provide basic care for patients and residents of long-term care facilities, such as nursing homes. To become a Nursing Assistant in a long-term care facility, you are required to complete a state-approved education program and pass the Minnesota State Exam. Once you complete the training and pass the state exam, we’ll present qualified individuals with a job offer. CentraCare will cover the cost of the exam, training, and pay you for your time while in the class.
Upcoming Class Schedule: Monday December 23rd- January 12th in St. Cloud, MN.
- Onboarding: Monday December 23rd, 2019 4:30pm-6:30pm in St. Cloud.
- Online Modules completed after Orientation and before your 1st exam.
- 1st Exam: Monday December 30th, 2019 between 12:00pm-4:00pm (allow 2 hours for test) in St. Cloud.
- Online Modules completed after 1st exam and before 2nd exam.
- 2nd Exam: Sunday, January 5th, 2020 between 12:00pm - 4:00pm in St. Cloud.
- Skill; Monday January 6th, Thursday January 9th and Friday January 10th; 8am-4:30pm in St. Cloud.
- Clinicals: Saturday January 11th and Sunday January 12th; 6:00am-2:30pm
- 16 years of age or older
- Desire to work with older adults
- Attendance is required for all class dates
- Becoming registered with the MN Department of Health as a Nursing Assistant is required
- A one-year employment engagement with CentraCare is required, consisting of a minimum of 4 shifts per pay period
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to effectively interact with people who are cognitively and/or physically impaired
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.