Christmas Break - FREE NURSING ASSISTANT IN TRAINING (paid class time)
- Paynesville, MN
- CentraCare - Paynesville
- Koronis Manor
- Casual/on-call, Day
- class hours
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 201905878-48997
- Posted: November 20, 2019
Nursing Assistants at CentraCare help provide basic care for residents of long-term care facilities such as nursing homes. To become a Nursing Assistant in a long-term care facility, you are required to complete a state approved education program and pass the Minnesota State Exam. CentraCare is offering the education program and exam free to qualified individuals! You will also be paid for online/class time.
- 16 years of age or older
- Desire to work with older adults
- Attendance on all class dates
- Registry on the MN Nursing Assistant Registry
- A one year employment commitment consisting of a minimum of 4 shifts per two weeks
- Background study clearance with the State of MN - Dept of Human Services
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers
Temporary training position for Nursing Assistants (CNA). Position requires employee to attend nursing assistant classes that includes class room and clinical training. Temporary employee will also be required to pass a State Exam and become Registered with the MN Department of Health as a Nursing Assistant. Areas of training include supporting resident/patient care needs by performing delegated Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care tasks.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective observational, reporting and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals who are cognitively and/or physically impaired.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Competent in use of proper body mechanics.
- Professional and courteous customer service skills.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.