Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, St. Cloud Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare Clinic
- Fam Birthing NICU
- Full-time, Day/Night
- 12 hour day/night rotations; every 3rd wknd & rot holidays
- Advanced Practice Provider
- Req #: 201905902-49020
- Posted: April 13, 2020
St. Cloud Hospital is now hiring a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner!
What makes our team unique?
We are the only hospital in Central Minnesota with a Level III NICU. We are also one of only a few hospitals in Minnesota to have a Perinatology Clinic, Family Birthing Center and NICU just footsteps away from one another. This close proximity of services allows our providers to coordinate complete care for our patients– from early pregnancy to the early weeks of baby's life. Learn more about today...
CentraCare's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is looking for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with at least 2 years of NICU experience to join our Level 3 NICU.
Our NICU is a 30-bed unit with state-of-the-art private and semi-private rooms. As an Neonatal Nurse Practitioner in our NICU you will be an essential part of our 24/7 in-house coverage along with neonatologists, specialized nurses and respiratory therapists.
The Neonatology Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive healthcare, under limited supervision of the collaborating physicians, to neonatal patients in the NICU, FBC, emergency department, pediatrics, and neonatal transports.
As a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at CentraCare you will partake in:
· Attending deliveries/delivery room management of all infants less than 35 weeks and other high-risk indications
· Admissions including history and physical
· Assessments and ongoing management of current NICU patients as needed
· Ground and air transports
· Multidisciplinary care management team meetings
· Provide phone consultations to community providers in our referral area
· Provide consultations to pediatric hospitalist service as requested
· Update hand-off paper work prior to morning hand-off
You will have the opportunity to participate in the following procedures/treatments:
· Umbilicalline placement
· Arterialline placement
· Ventilator management
· Wholebody cooling for HIE.
· Nitric Oxide
ST. CLOUD HOSPITAL
· Central Minnesota's largest regional medical center
· Part of CentraCare
· Licensed for 489 beds
· A "Truven Top 100" Hospital eleven times and counting. St. Cloud Hospital is the only hospital in Minnesota that has received the Top 100 hospitals distinction 11 times.
· Designated Magnet hospital since 2004
· Level II Trauma Center- over 61,000 ER visits/year
· CentraCare Health has been on the list of "Best Places to Work in Minnesota" by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
· CentraCare Health puts pride in retaining caring, skilled professionals who are committed to quality and a culture of "Our Best forYou
Successfully completed a formal nurse practitioner program approved by a national accrediting agency.
Demonstrated leadership competencies of organizational management, clear communication, follow-through and utilization and implementation of the stakeholder process preferred.
NRP instructor preferred.
Previous experience as a Nurse Practitioner is preferred.
Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Minnesota required.
Current certification by a national certification organization recognized by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing.
Current licensure as an APRN (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse) in the State of Minnesota required.
Successful completion of medical staff office credentialing must be completed prior to working without a preceptor.
Successful completion of third party payer credentialing must be completed prior to billing for services.
Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.