This job posting is no longer active.
- Paynesville, MN
- CentraCare - Paynesville
- Activities KM
- Casual/on-call, Day/Evening
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 201905638-48778
- Posted: January 10, 2020
To involve residents in activities programming that meets their abilities, needs, and interests. Plans social and recreational activities, mental and physical stimulation for facility residents which are coordinated with individual care plans. Directs activities such as arts, religious programs, social events, games, special events, current events, outings, etc.
Position includes evening and weekend shifts of 4:00-8:00pm or 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Prior work experience in long term care or Senior Housing is preferred to be hired for this job; other pertinent experience includes any confined environment-hospitals, prison, school, hospice, day care, group home, residential care facility, psychiatric setting.
- Special Abilities / Training - Completion of an activity training program or ability to complete such program approved by the facility and the state of MN is preferred; training in working with residents with dementia; training for communication skills in working with visually / hearing impaired, aphasic residents or other specific disabilities (stroke, CHF, etc.) and validation techniques are preferred.
- Knowledge - Ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities; ability and desire to be creative in adapting programs and supplies to meet individual resident needs.
- Basic Abilities - Ability to meet the physical and mental abilities of the job; Reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities will be considered by the employer on an individual basis as provided under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Ability to meet conditions of employment applicable to the facility.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.