This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- PLAZA-Cancer Registry
- Full-time, Day
- 72-80 hrs/pp; Varied shifts between 7a-5p
- Professional/ Technical - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: A3 Administrative Support 3
- Req #: 201906062-49167
- Posted: December 31, 2019
*Once fully trained, this position will have the ability to work from home. May need to come in periodically for in-person meetings.
Responsible for the collection, retrieval and analysis of data on patients with cancer and certain benign tumors. Responsible for follow-up information and data entry maintaining current knowledge of and disseminating updates from the Commission on Cancer standards. Maintains a sense of pride and ownership for the program. Maintains confidentiality of all interactions. Supports and implements patient safety and other employee safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of Health Information Technology or Associates degree from an accredited school of Cancer Registry Management.
- One-year experience in Cancer Registry OR 2 years of experience in health care required.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification required within one year of hire.
- Current Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) certification or CTR eligibility required with certification within 2 years of hire.
- Current Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) with 3-years’ experience in a hospital-based registry.
- EPIC and CRStar experience.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.