OUTPATIENT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Recovery Plus-Adolescent
- Part-time, Various
- 32 hours per two week period. M-F 2:30pm-11:00pm, Every other weekend 7am-3:30pm or 2:30pm-11:00pm
- Minimum $14.70/hr
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 201906240-49329
- Posted: January 28, 2020
This part time position (32 hours per two week period) will be located at the Recovery Plus Adolescent Unit near the CentraCare Plaza.
Provides direct and indirect care of patients to meet their physical, educational, psycho social and spiritual needs. Supports patient care needs by performing delegated patient care and non-patient care tasks. Responsible for assisting the patient care team in the treatment and care of patients and families in accordance with established policies, procedures, and unit standards to provide quality care. Patients of all ages served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training (NCI) initial and on-going training required and provided.
- If assisting with Medication Administration:
Completion of an accredited medication administration training program required within 6 months.
- Two years of college with courses in psychology, sociology, addictions, and/or social work or comparable job experience.
- Six months’ experience in nursing assistant or similar role.
- Experience with computers and typing skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle escalating behavior and utilize physical safety holds with aggressive patients.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required.
- If working in Recovery Plus:
Any persons who have direct client contact must have been free of substance use problems for at least the two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact. Substance use problems include the following:
1. Receiving treatment for substance use, including medication assisted treatment.
2. Criminal activity related to substance use.
3. Substance use that has a negative impact on the employee’s job performance;
4. Substance use that affects the credibility of the treatment services with clients, referral sources or other members of the community; and
5. symptoms of intoxication or withdrawal on the job.
Due to licensure requirements pertaining to children’s residential facilities, staff who supervises residents at Recovery Plus Adolescent or Clara’s House must be at least 21 years old.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.