LAB TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/pp; Mostly day shift - other hours as needed; 1 out of 6 weekends, rotating holidays
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C4 Clinical Professional 4
- Req #: 201906393-49474
- Posted: December 27, 2019
Responsible for providing the technical expertise needed for a clinical section of Laboratory Services. Assists the Coordinator, Laboratory Technical Services with planning, coordinating, organizing, directing, and performing the workload. Assists with the troubleshooting, and maintenance of equipment, performance improvement including quality control and proficiency testing. Monitors and trains staff and performs yearly competency assessment of testing personnel. This also includes ordering and maintaining adequate inventory of all supplies for the clinical section. Assists with the development of new procedures and/or equipment, and maintaining the policy/procedure manuals. Patients of all ages are served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles with interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Must have a baccalaureate degree with necessary science/math credits as required and verified by the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC)
- Three years experience as Clinical Laboratory Scientist with 2 of the years of technical or specialized expertise for that particular laboratory section required
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- ASCP certified within 6 months with first exam completed within 3 months of hire, with certification verified within six weeks of exam
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required
- Continuous quality improvement and competency based assessment training desirable
- Extensive knowledge of CLIA, CAP, and Joint Commission requirements for performing laboratory testing
- Must possess good computer knowledge and input skills
- Transportation available for off campus laboratory related activities may be required
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.