- St. Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Plaza- Woodlands Bistro
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 5:30 am - 7:30 pm; every 3rd wknd
- Support Services - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: O2 Operational Support 2
- Req #: 201906400-49480
- Posted: November 29, 2019
The cook prepares food for hospital patients, guests, employees, and catered functions according to standardized recipes and established policies and procedures. Implements and abides by Customer Service Standards. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families, guests and with co-workers.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- In lieu of post high school training, one year cooking or related experience in our hospital or similar institution, restaurant or catering production will be accepted.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- ServSafe certified or Food Safety Training accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP), or Food Manager Certification by the state of MN required within 18 months; must be renewed at minimum every 5 years or Certified Food Protection Professional (CFPP) Vocational
- Post high school specialized training in volume and/or institutional cooking.
- Technical or cooking school certificates.
- Knowledge of sanitation and HACCP.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license and a driving record in good standing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.