- Sauk Rapids, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- JH Family Unity Grant
- Temporary full-time with benefits, Day/Evening
- 72 hrs - primarily evenings 1pm-9:30pm
- Minimum $14/hr
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: O2 Operational Support 2
- Req #: 201906425-49503
- Posted: November 28, 2019
This is a grant funded position and therefore considered temporary - no anticipated end date.
Responsible for providing care and supervision of children ages newborn to 12 years of age in the Daycare Program at Journey Home. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and co-workers. Patients of all ages served.
- Must be at least 18 years old, be a graduate of high school or hold an equivalent diploma attained through successful completion of the general education development (GED) test and must meet the qualifications as a teacher as specified by the Department of Human Services Rule 3.
- Previous experience working in a daycare or education setting required.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and professional ethics.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic and have a high energy level.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing required.
- Any persons who have direct client contact must have been free of substance use problems for at least the two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact. Substance use problems include the following:
• Receiving treatment for substance use, including medication assisted treatment.
• Substance use that has a negative impact on the employee’s job performance;
• Substance use that affects the credibility of the treatment services with clients, referral sources or other members of the community; and
• Symptoms of intoxication or withdrawal on the job.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.