COMMUNITY HEALTH SPECIALIST
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Centracare Wellness
- Temporary part-time with benefits, Day/Evening
- 40 hrs/pp, M-F 8am-4:30pm
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: B2 Business Professional 2
- Req #: 201906165-49263
- Posted: November 26, 2019
The Community Health Specialist works closely with the Population Health team, community partners, and members to create healthy communities through policy, system, environmental, and social change. This position is responsible for organizing, promoting, and implementing CentraCare Population Health strategies, methods, and key performance initiatives inclusive of all communities in the CentraCare Service area. This includes but is not limited to: working with local schools (public, private, and charter), serving organizations, business community, community leaders, county public health, healthcare leaders, and identified community members.
- BSN, MSW, Clinical Psychology, or Masters degree in Social Work, Public Health or equal degree required
- Bilingual in Somali or Spanish is required
- Experience in successfully working with communities that have disparities and inequities
- Working knowledge of the community resources and cultures
- Experience working with individuals that have chronic health issues, both physical and mental
- RN in MN, LICSW, LPC or LPCC is required
- Demonstrated skills including leadership, problem solving, communication, advocacy, creative thinking, relationship building with a strength based focus and goal setting required
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage required.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.