PATIENT ACCESS ASSISTANT (Emergency Trauma Center)
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- StC ETC Patient Access
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 72 hrs/pp; 7:00am-7:30pm 3 days per week; every 4th weekend and holidays
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 201906431-49509
- Posted: December 3, 2019
This position will be working within the Emergency Trauma Center with St. Cloud Hospital
72 hrs/pp; 7:00am-7:30pm 3 days per week; every 4th weekend and holidays
Performs registration duties requiring independent analysis, exercise of judgment and detailed knowledge of facility procedures related to work performed. Responsible for obtaining and identifying information necessary to produce billable patient accounts. May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires full proficiency gained through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- One to two year post high school training in clerical, secretarial, or business area preferred.
- Two years prior scheduling, billing, patient access, accounts receivable and/or collections experience in healthcare, preferably in a clinic or hospital preferred.
- Customer service and problem solving skills are essential.
- Good verbal and written communications skills required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.