PATIENT ACCESS ASSISTANT (Melrose Hospital)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Melrose, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Full-time, Various
- 72 hrs/pp; primary shifts are 6am-2:30/3pm; weekend and holiday rotations with day/evening shifts
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 201906447-49525
- Posted: December 2, 2019
This position is working within the Melrose Hospital
72 hrs/pp; primary shifts are 6am-2:30/3pm; weekend and holiday rotations with day/evening shifts
Performs registration duties requiring independent analysis, exercise of judgment and detailed knowledge of facility procedures related to work performed. Responsible for obtaining and identifying information necessary to produce billable patient accounts. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two year post high school training in clerical, secretarial, or business area preferred.
- One year prior scheduling, billing, patient access, accounts receivable and/or collections experience in healthcare, preferably in a clinic or hospital preferred.
- Customer service skills are essential.
- Good verbal and written communications skills required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.