Bilingual (Spanish) Community Health Specialist
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Trauma Sensitive Care Grant
- Temporary part-time with benefits, Day/Evening
- 40 hrs/pp, M-F 8am-4:30pm
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: B2 Business Professional 2
- Req #: 201906553-49617
- Posted: December 17, 2019
The Community Health Specialist works closely with the Population Health team, community partners, and members to create healthy communities through policy, system, environmental, and social change. This position is responsible for organizing, promoting, and implementing CentraCare Population Health strategies, methods, and key performance initiatives inclusive of all communities in the CentraCare Service area. This includes but is not limited to: working with local schools (public, private, and charter), serving organizations, business community, community leaders, county public health, healthcare leaders, and identified community members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, or Masters degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Public Health or equal degree.
- Experience in successfully working with communities that have disparities and inequities.
- Working knowledge of the community and resources.
- Working with individuals that have chronic health issues, both physical and mental.
- Masters Degree in Nursing.
- If RN, Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Minnesota.
- If Social Worker, LSW license.
- If Clinical Psychology, LPC license.
- Demonstrated skills including leadership, problem solving, communication, advocacy, creative thinking, relationship building with a strength based focus and goal setting required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Solid computer skills and ability to navigate and use a variety of software is required.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage required.
- Working knowledge of the community and resources available.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health is an EEO/AA employer.