BEHAVIORAL ACCESS RN
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Behavioral Access Consultants
- Part-time, Day/Evening
- 48-60 hrs/2 week period (7 AM to 7 PM, 9 AM - 9 PM, or 11 AM - 11 PM)
- Minimum $34.89/hr
- Registered Nurses
- Career Band: N2 Nursing 2
- Req #: 201906509-49579
- Posted: January 24, 2020
This is a part-time position, working 48-60 hours per two week period -12 hour shifts (7am-7pm, 9am-9pm, or 11am-11pm). It includes every third weekend and holiday rotation.
Provides patient and family centered care through The Compass: St. Cloud Hospital's Nursing Professional Practice Model to achieve the hospital mission of improving the health and quality of life that reflects the healing mission of Jesus. Age appropriate care is provided to patients and families. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Maintains professional competencies by attending educational programs, participates in professional organizations, subscribing to the reading professional journals or other appropriate activities. Assessment and evaluation of psychiatric and chemically dependent patients in need of services, and works with physicians and community resources to arrange the appropriate level of treatment.
- Graduate from a nursing program. Baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing preferred. A minimum of a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing must be obtained within three (3) years for those hired into an RN position on or after October 1, 2018.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Minnesota
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) initial and on-going training (or equivalent) provided.
- Minimum of four years experience as a psychiatric or chemical dependency registered nurse
- American Nurses Association (ANA) Psychiatric Mental Health Certification
- Knowledge of at least the following areas: abuse issues, chemical dependency, adult/adolescent/child clinical assessments.
- Knowledge of crisis theory and intervention, psychiatric diagnosis, psychotropic medications, including use and side effects and knowledge of community resources and intervention.
- Familiarity with insurance criteria for hospitalization.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.