- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Full-time, Day
- 60-80 hrs/pp; primarly 9 hr day shifts; every 3rd wknd; on-call 1-2/wk; rotating holidays
- Minimum $15.00/hr
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 201906590-49652
- Posted: December 2, 2019
As an Endoscopy Technician, you’ll work side-by-side with doctors and nurses to help patients get the answers they need.
You’ll actively participate in endoscopies, colonoscopies, bronchoscopies, biopsies, polypectomies and other procedures. Patients will need you to be their coach while they undergo some procedures.
You’ll also keep patients safe and mitigate infection by performing cleaning and maintenance on a variety of scopes.
While this position works mainly M-F days, we never know when a patient will need an endoscopy procedure, so the person hired into this role must be available within 45 minutes when they’re on call. You’ll also be scheduled for rotating holidays (where you get paid extra) and every third weekend (where you’ll earn a shift differential).
We want to take care of you so that you can take care of patients. For that reason, this position offers CentraCare’s incredible benefits package, which includes paid time off, medical and dental, and more.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good written and verbal skills required
- An understanding of disinfecting procedures and clean versus sterile preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology as it relates to gastroenterology preferred
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required
- Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor (CFER) certification within three years of hire
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.